How do I change the default OST file location?
Right-click ForceOSTPath, and then click Modify. In the Value data box, type the full path of where you want to store the . ost file (such as E:\MyOST), and then click OK.
How do I change the location of my Outlook OST file?
Go to the Advanced tab and click on Outlook Data File Settings… Browse the location where you have moved your existing Outlook Data File (OST), select the file and click Open. Finally, click Finish to complete the process.
How do I change my Outlook 2007 data file location?
On the Tools menu, click Account Settings. On the E-mail tab, select the new e-mail account, and then click Change Folder. In the New E-mail Delivery Location dialog box, select the Inbox of the old . pst file.
How do I change the default folder in Outlook?
To set the default mailbox of Outlook, click the “File” tab and then click the “Options” menu item. Click the “Advanced” tab and locate the “Outlook start and exit” segment. Click the “Browse…” button and select the folder you want to use as your default mailbox.
Where is Outlook OST file stored?
The offline Outlook Data File (. ost) is also saved at drive:\Usersser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook. Most data remains on the server; however, any items that are saved locally should be backed up. For example, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and any folders marked Local only.
Can I rename OST file?
Rename the . ost file by right clicking on the file and selecting Rename. We recommend renaming the file to ost.
How do I change the default data file in Outlook 2007?
Outlook 2007 and up
- Open the Account Settings dialog and select the Data Files tab.
- Select the PST file you want to use as default.
- Click the Set as Default button.
How do I change the default save location in Office 365?
Change Microsoft Office default save location via application settings.
- Open the Office application where you want to change the default save location and click on Options.
- Switch to the Save tab.
- Once you have chosen your new default save location, click the OK button to save your changes.
Is it safe to delete OST file?
OST files grow abnormally huge in size and their chances of corruption also get higher. In fact, these enormous OST files can be counted as a database, due to their vast size. Such OST files are prone to corruption leaving no other option for the user but to “delete OST file”.
Can I rename OST to PST?
But if renaming doesn’t help or lead to loss of mailbox items, you can use an OST to PST converter software to convert the OST file to PST format. You can then import or open this PST file that contains OST data in any Outlook profile.
How to access Ost file?
– Close your Microsoft Outlook application and ensure that it is not running – In the Start menu, click on the ” My Computer ” option – Now, find out the OST file location on your computer and select it. Depending on the Windows version your OST file location changes:
Where is Ost file located?
MS Outlook OST files are offline folders with the extension of .ost that are located locally in the system. The file is created automatically when you set up MS Outlook or when user makes a folder in an Outlook account offline. OST file can be located under the path below in the Windows System: Outlook 2010 in Windows 7 and Windows Vista/8/10.
Where are my Outlook files?
1) Select File > Account Settings > Account Settings . 2) Select the Data Files tab. 3) All Outlook Data Files (.pst) and Offline Data Files (.ost) are listed along with the name of the account the files are associated with. See More…