How do I contact Kwikset?
Call Call: 1-800-327-5625 Got Question Ask a Question Support Browse Support
- Call. Call: 1-800-327-5625.
- Got Question. Ask a Question.
- Support. Browse Support.
How do I reset my Kwikset Smart lock?
1 Factory Reset
- Open your door.
- Extend the latch bolt.
- Slide up the cover to open the back of your lock, exposing the buttons beneath.
- Push and hold the reset button for 10 seconds, until the lock beeps.
- The light ring will flash red, then spin amber.
- The lock has now been restored and is ready to be set up again.
How do you unlock a Kwikset lock from the outside?
Unlocking from the inside of the door is done manually by turning the thumb turn. Locking and unlocking from the outside can be done automatically by an electric motor. As the last number of a correct code is pressed on the keypad, the electric motor swings into action and retracts the deadbolt.
How do you reprogram a Kwikset door lock?
Manually put the bolt in the extended (lock) position. Press the PROGRAM button once, enter your new 4 – 8 digit code and then press the LOCK button. 2. Press the PROGRAM button twice, enter the same or a new code and then press the LOCK button once.
Is Kwikset a good brand?
Kwikset is also a great option with many models to choose from. Its locks have features like smart home options, and even a fingerprint entry lock coming soon. You can’t go wrong with either of these top-notch smart lock companies for helping keep your home secure and convenient to enter and exit.
How do I know if my Kwikset lock is SmartKey?
If you’re not sure about your own lock, take a close look at it and see if there’s a tiny oval hole next to the keyhole. If so, then it’s a SmartKey lock.
How do I reset my Kwikset electronic deadbolt?
How to restore default settings on my Signature Series or SmartCode Deadbolt? Perform a factory reset
- Remove battery pack.
- Press and HOLD the Program button while reinserting the battery pack.
- Press the Program button once more.
- Perform the door handing process again to teach the lock the orientation of the door.
Are Kwikset locks easy to pick?
Even one of Kwikset’s most vocal critics, Marc Weber Tobias (more on him in just a bit), told us that the SmartKey lock is virtually impossible to pick. Other videos criticizing Kwikset point out that the lock can be easily compromised using a specialized bypass tool used by locksmiths.
How do I reset my Kwikset touchpad electronic deadbolt?
A factory reset will delete all codes associated with the lock.
- Make sure the door is open and unlocked.
- Press and hold the program button for 30 seconds using the SmartKey tool or a paper clip. You will hear one long beep.
- Press and release the program button. You will hear one short beep.
How do I reprogram my Kwikset SmartCode 913?
How do I program my SmartCode 913 lock?
- Open the door.
- Remove battery cover.
- Press the program button once.
- Enter new user code.
- Press lock button.
- If programming is successful the keypad will flash green once, and you will hear one beep.