How do I find out how much my vinyl records are worth?
To determine the value of your record, you must first identify it. Start by looking for a Catalog Number on your record, which is often found on the album sleeve or pressed on the inner ring of the vinyl itself. Next, search for a barcode number.
What albums are worth money?
40 vinyl records worth a fortune today
- Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin (1969)
- Miles Davis, Kind of Blue (1959)
- The Who, The Who Sell Out (1967)
- Nirvana, Bleach (1989)
- XTC — Science Friction (1977)
- David Bowie — The Prettiest Star (1973)
- ABBA — Hova’s Vittne (1981)
- The Quarrymen — That’ll Be the Day (1981)
What are the most valuable LP albums?
The 10 most expensive vinyl records ever sold
- The Beatles: Yesterday & Today – $125,000.
- John Lennon & Yoko Ono: Double Fantasy – $150,000.
- The Beatles: Sgt.
- Elvis Presley: ‘My Happiness’ – $300,000.
- The Beatles: The Beatles (White Album) – $790,000.
- Wu-Tang Clan: Once Upon a Time in Shaolin – $2 million.
Are LP records worth anything?
Valuable LPs are varied and cover off a wide range of genres. In terms of how much they’re worth, some have an evergreen value, while other valuable vinyl records fluctuate in price depending on buying trends, band anniversaries and other notable events, including the death of an artist.
What can I do with old vinyl records?
10 DIY Projects for Your Old Vinyl Records
- Wall Art:
- Dream Catcher:
- Frame the Album Covers:
- Make a Mirror Frame:
- Record Hat & Coat Rack:
- Record Cupcake Stand:
- Vinyl Record Bookends:
What old albums are worth money?
10 Records You Might Have Owned That Are Now Worth a Fortune
- BOB DYLAN // THE FREEWHEELIN’ BOB DYLAN (1963)
- THE BEATLES // THE BEATLES (WHITE ALBUM) (1968)
- DAVID BOWIE // DIAMOND DOGS (1974)
- SEX PISTOLS // “GOD SAVE THE QUEEN”/”NO FEELINGS” 7-INCH (1977)
- HANK MOBLEY // BLUE NOTE 1568 (1957)
What are old albums worth?
The average eBay selling price for vinyl records is around $15, though vinyl record values vary significantly: from 50 cents to $50 or more. You need to do some research to determine exactly how much your vinyl records are worth.
What can you do with old vinyl records?
There are numerous ways of disposing of old vinyl records.
- Sell old vinyl records on eBay.
- Sell records at a garage sale or flea market.
- Place a classified ad in your local paper or in your local area of Craigslist.
- Call your local library and see if they accept donations of vinyl records.
Why is vinyl so expensive?
A shortage of supply to make records, a diminished demand to press records due to high costs, and a frenzy of people buying records with little to no regard for the price. Sales of records online have never even been close to what they were in 2020 when they increased 30% in one year (this is unprecedented).
Where can I sell vinyl records online?
Best Places to Buy and Sell Vinyl Records Online
- Amoeba Music.
- Vinyl Loop.
Is there a market for old record albums?
You can sell vinyl records directly to collectors or to a store. Selling directly to collectors will typically net the most money, though it can take longer to sell. Selling to retailers and other stores is faster, but you’ll get less money since they need to resell at a profit.
What can I do with old record albums?
What is the most valuable vinyl album?
The most valuable vinyl record of all time is John Lennon and Yoko Ono ’s “Double Fantasy” album from 1980. It sold for over $400,000 in 1999, but the only one worth this much is the one signed by John Lennon back in 1980. John signed it on December 8 th for Mark David Chapman , who returned five hours later and killed the former Beatle.
How do you find the value of vinyl records?
Thanks to a serial number attached to each vinyl record, everyone can determine the value of vinyl record. To identify the value of these records, the simple test is that you enter the serial number into the search engines. Then, you can compare listings and decide a value or a price.
What is the most valuable album?
The Beatles’ White Album tops the most valuable record list, with a rare copy of the album owned by drummer Ringo Starr selling at auction for $790,000 last year.
What is the value of an old vinyl album?
Demand also plays a large part in the value of old vinyl records. Old records in good condition can be worth $10 to $50 if the record was widely available when released. Obscure 45s or albums can be worth thousands of dollars.