How do I fix autocomplete in Outlook?
- In Outlook, select File > Options.
- Select the Mail tab.
- Scroll roughly halfway down until you see Send messages.
- If it’s already turned on, your first troubleshooting step should be to clear out the Auto-Complete list.
- You’ll see a confirmation window about clearing the AutoComplete list, select Yes.
Where are autocomplete addresses in Outlook stored?
Outlook 2010 and newer Beginning with Outlook 2010, Outlook does not use the NK2 file; it stores the autocomplete cache in the mailbox or data file and caches the addresses in an autocomplete stream at C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache.
Can I backup or copy an outlook autocomplete list?
How to Back up Your Outlook Auto-Complete List
- Check your Office version.
- Close Outlook.
- Download MFCMAPI.
- Extract the MFCMAPI.exe file from the ZIP archive, then open the EXE file.
- In MFCMAPI, go to Session > Logon.
- Select the Profile Name drop-down arrow and choose the desired profile.
- Select OK.
How does AutoComplete work in Outlook?
The AutoComplete list, also known as the nickname cache, is generated automatically when you send email messages from Outlook. The list contains SMTP addresses, LegacyExchangeDN entries, and display names for people to whom you have sent mail previously.
How do I restore Autocomplete in Outlook 2013?
How to: Restore Outlook 2013 Autocomplete
- Step 1: Close outlook.
- Step 2: Browse to the autocomplete location.
- Step 3: Backup existing files.
- Step 4: Copy the newer file name.
- Step 5: Rename the newer file.
- Step 6: Rename the older file.
- Step 7: Restart outlook.
- Step 8: If this didn’t work, go to Step 1.
How does autocomplete work in Outlook?
Where is the autocomplete file in Outlook 2013?
Browse to Drive:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache on the profile that requires the autocomplete cache. Right click the autocomplete file & rename the file adding ‘Old’ to the start of the file name.
What is the best way to approach email autocomplete?
To access the AutoComplete setting, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, select Options.
- Select the Mail tab.
- Scroll approximately halfway down until you see Send messages. Make sure that the Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names when typing in the To, Cc, and Bcc lines box is checked.
How do I export Autocomplete in Outlook 2013?
Right click the autocomplete file & rename the file adding ‘Old’ to the start of the file name. Right click the old autocomplete cache file & click rename. Highlight the file name excluding the word old, right click & click copy. Once copied, right click the new autocomplete cache file & click rename.
How do you Auto-Complete?
From the control panel, select the search engine you want to edit. Click Search features from the menu on the left and then click the Autocomplete tab. Click on the slider to set Enable autocomplete to On. It can take up to 2-4 days for autocomplete to start appearing on your search engine.
Is there a limit to autocomplete in outlook?
Outlook 2013 has a limit of 1000 entries for the AutoComplete list. After you reach this limit, Outlook uses an internal algorithm to determine the best names to remove from the list. It does this based on a usage weighting. To avoid this situation, you can use one of the following two methods:
Why are some names removed from the autocomplete list in outlook?
Outlook limits the number of entries that you can save in the AutoComplete list. After you reach this limit, Outlook uses an internal algorithm to determine the best names to remove from the list. It does this based on a usage weighting. So, you may find some names unexpectedly removed from your nickname cache.
How to enable auto complete list in outlook?
How to enable the AutoComplete feature. 1 On the File menu, click Options. 2 Select the Mail tab. 3 Scroll approximately halfway down until you see Send messages. Make sure the Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names when typing in the To, Cc, and
Is the outlook autocomplete list shared by Owa?
The AutoComplete list for Outlook is specific to Outlook and is not shared by Outlook Web App (OWA). OWA maintains its own AutoComplete list. The following sections provide information about the AutoComplete feature. Outlook limits the number of entries that you can save in the AutoComplete list.