How do you make a fairy jar?
Pour a generous amount of glitter into the mason jar. You’ll need enough so that it coats the inside of the jar. Put the lid back on, and shake the jar vigorously to coat the sides of the jar with glitter. At this point, I was still in the daylight on top of a white surface, and I couldn’t see the glow at all…
What is a fairy lantern?
Fairy Lantern (Calochortus albus), also known as White Globe Lily, is a native wildflower endemic (limited) to California.
How do you make a night light jar?
- Open the jar and spray the inside with adhesive spray.
- Pour glitter in the jar.
- Close the lid.
- Shake until glitter coats the inside of the jar.
- allow to dry, about 10-15 minutes.
- Place lights inside the jar.
- glue battery pack to the inside of the lid if desired.
How do you make fairy jars without glow sticks?
How to Make a Fairy Jar Without Glow Sticks
- 1 glass or plastic jar.
- 1 sheet of tissue paper.
- 1 fairy silhouette – we provide a free template on our website 😉
- Watered down Mod Podge – glue.
- 1 glue gun to tack down the fairy inside your jar.
- 1 or 2 battery operated tea lights.
How do you dip mason jars in glitter?
- Wrap tape around mason jar.
- Brush on the Mod Podge. Add glitter over Mod Podge.
- Add another layer of Mod Podge and glitter to mason jar. Carefully peel off tape.
- Add two more layers of Mod Podge over glitter.
- Let dry for at least 24 hours before using them to drink out of.
How do you glue glitter to glass?
Apply an adhesive such as Mod Podge, a glue adhesive spray or a spray lacquer. Sprinkle the glued section of the glass object with the glitter. Then allow to dry overnight. Once dry, spray a high gloss clear sealant over the glittered area.
How do you make fairy lights in a lantern?
Some lanterns have a small space below the glass sides. If your lantern has no holes of any kind and is wooden, you can always use a drill to make a small hole in the bottom. Then you simply thread your fairy lights through the hole into the lantern, letting them curl up as you go.
How long does it take to make a fairy light?
Seriously, this is so, so easy. You really need zero DIY skills and only about 5 minutes! There are however, a few quick things to consider when buying your fairy lights. (Sometimes they are also called wire lights or string lights. They are basically teeny tiny lights that are attached to a long thing wire.
What kind of Lights do you use for fairy lights?
There are however, a few quick things to consider when buying your fairy lights. (Sometimes they are also called wire lights or string lights. They are basically teeny tiny lights that are attached to a long thing wire. Not the kind you would put on a Christmas tree; literally these just look like a long piece of wire but they light up.)
Is there a remote control for a fairy light?
You can also buy fairy lights that come with a remote control . I chose a set that plugs in for my light because I plan to use these a lot and don’t want to be replacing batteries all the time. I do kind of wish I had gotten a set with a remote control though so I could turn my light on and off without having to unplug it.