What is ALTools exe?
ALTools.exe contains tools that assist you in managing accounts and in troubleshooting account lockouts. ALTools.exe includes: AcctInfo. dll. Helps isolate and troubleshoot account lockouts and to change a user’s password on a domain controller in that user’s site.
What are Al tools?
ALTools is a collection of desktop tools. It includes ALZip, compression program; ALSee, a picture viewer & photo editor; ALShow,a DVD and movie player; ALSong, music and lyric player; ALFTP, File Transfer program; and ALPass, web login manager.
How do I launch lockout status?
Using the account lockout and management tool: Run the LockoutStatus.exe tool, and go to File → Select target. Type the user’s login name or sAMAccountName. Enter the domain name. Click OK to see the lockout status of the user you selected.
How do you troubleshoot account lockout issues?
Troubleshooting An Account Lockout
- Enable auditing at the domain level.
- Enable Netlogon logging.
- Enable Kerberos logging.
Where is my account locking out?
The domain account lockout events can be found in the Security log on the domain controller (Event Viewer -> Windows Logs). Filter the security log by the EventID 4740. You should see a list of the latest account lockout events.
How do I trace an ad account lockout?
How to: Trace the source of a bad password and account lockout in AD
- Step 1: Download the Account Lockout Status tools from Microsoft.
- Step 2: Run ‘LockoutStatus.exe’
- Step 3: Choose ‘Select Target’ from the File menu.
- Step 4: Check the results.
- Step 5: Check the Security log on one of these DCs.
Where is Lockoutstatus EXE located?
By default, the tool is installed in the C:\program files\windows resource kits\tools folder. Double-click lockoutstatus.exe. From the tool’s File menu, click Select Target and enter the user whose status you want to check.
How do I install a lockout status?
To install lockoutstatus.exe, perform the following steps:
- Download the Account Lockout Status tool, then execute the downloaded lockoutstatus.
- Click Next to start the installation wizard.
- Check “I accept the terms in the license agreement” and click Next.
- Click Install Now.
- After installation is complete, click Finish.
How do I track down my account lockouts?
How do you fix frequent lockout issues?
- Click Start, click Run, type “control userpasswords2” (without the quotation marks), and then click OK.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click the “Manage Password” button.
- Check to see if these domain account’s passwords are cached. If so, remove them.
- Check if the problem has been resolved now.
What is account lockout duration?
The Account lockout duration policy setting determines the number of minutes that a locked-out account remains locked out before automatically becoming unlocked. The available range is from 1 through 99,999 minutes.