What is the weirdest word in the dictionary?
Do you know what a quincunx is? Here are 15 of the most unusual words in the English dictionary
- Deliquescent. Adjective: Becoming liquid, or having a tendency to become liquid.
- Flabbergast. Verb: Surprise someone greatly.
What is a random word in the dictionary?
What is a random word? In the case of our random word generator, a random word is a word that is randomly chosen from the database of words we have in our generator. It’s a word that you have no idea or control over appearing, so you aren’t able to influence the resulting word in any way.
What are some fun English words to say?
12 funniest words in English
What is the most fun words to say?
Let’s see which of these craziest words you already know and which ones are new to you:
- Bumfuzzle. This is a simple term that refers to being confused, perplexed, or flustered or to cause confusion.
What is a silly word?
Silly words or nonsense words are pretend words that have no meaning. They can be used as a way of encouraging children to identify real words and to practise reading words that contain the sounds they have learnt so far.
What is the longest a word?
The longest word in any of the major English language dictionaries is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a word that refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano; medically, it is the same as silicosis.
What are some random words?
Explore the Words
- afforest. establish a forest on previously unforested land.
- aftermath. the consequences of an event, especially a catastrophic one.
- be on cloud nine. feel extreme happiness or elation.
- becalm. make still, steady, or tranquil.
- blithesome. carefree and happy and lighthearted.
What is a word that no one knows?
The 15 most unusual words you’ll ever find in English
- Serendipity. This word appears in numerous lists of untranslatable words and is a mystery mostly for non native speakers of English.
What is the ugliest word?
The Ugliest Words in the English Language: Our Top Picks
- Fetid. Edging out the word stink in our list of ugly English words, fetid simply stands on its own even without knowing its meaning.
- Honk. Bonus!
Is the word silly rude?
It isn’t a compliment, but silly is too mild for most people to consider it offensive, mismir. People who like or love each other can use the word silly without meaning or causing any offense.
Where can I find a random word of the day?
Random Word Welcome to Random Word where you can find a random word of the day and much, much more. This website gives you the opportunity to learn new words every day to grow your vocabulary.
Why are there random words in the Dictionary?
Since many of the words are quite unusual and not ones that you likely use on a regular basis, this allows you to know the meaning of the word without having to break open a dictionary to try and figure out the definition.
How many words are in a random word generator?
There are over 170,000 words in the English language and this random word generator has more than 90,000 of them with definitions to help you learn new words. Some of the words. Some of them you will never use, such as medical definitions (unless you’re studying to be a doctor!), so please just skip these and find another word to learn.
Are there any funny words in the Dictionary?
Because, let’s face it, that’s part of what makes it a contender on this list. While you’re chuckling at this ridiculous words, teach your kids even more silly words that are sure to tickle their funny bone. Then help them understand the difference between lu dicrous and ridic ulous. Words are funny things.