What other jobs can cops do?
16 alternate careers for former police officers
- Security guard. National average salary: $30,764 per year.
- Private investigator. National average salary: $36,592 per year.
- Crime scene investigator. National average salary: $45,949 per year.
- Personal trainer.
- Adjunct professor.
- Correctional officer.
- Parole officer.
- Victim advocate.
What are good jobs for ex cops?
Most Popular Ex Law Enforcement Jobs
- Law Enforcement Police.
- Work From Home Law Enforcement Role Player.
- Work From Home Law Enforcement Software.
- Head Of Retired Law Enforcement.
- Coordinator Retired Law Enforcement.
- Director Retired Law Enforcement.
- Work From Home Law Enforcement Dispatcher.
- Law Enforcement Officer.
What are 3 careers in law enforcement?
A law enforcement officer can occupy three basic types of jobs: uniformed officer, investigator/detective, and support staff.
What jobs can I get with a CJ degree?
Here are some of the most popular career paths for graduates of criminal justice bachelor’s degree programs.
- Police Officer.
- Correctional Officer.
- Private Investigator.
- Criminal Profiler.
- Crime Prevention Specialist.
- Crime Scene Investigator.
- Drug Enforcement Administration Agent.
- Homicide Detective.
What is the highest paid job in the police?
Highest-paying police jobs
- Security officer. National average salary: $13.11 per hour.
- Security guard. National average salary: $13.29 per hour.
- Patrol officer. National average salary: $14.41 per hour.
- Legal assistant. National average salary: $16.23 per hour.
- Correctional officer.
- Crime scene technician.
Does being a police officer change your personality?
And the way we process our new thoughts leads to new behaviors. This becomes part of our personality. So a police officer who is repeatedly being exposed to trauma, is also repeatedly experiencing a shift in his thought process. As a result, his behavior is ever-changing.
What are the best law enforcement jobs?
The best law enforcement jobs
- US Secret Service special agent. Average base pay: $144,477 per year.
- FBI agent. Average base pay: $111,035 per year.
- Federal air marshal. Average base pay: $99,757 per year.
- Criminal investigator.
- Border patrol agent.
- Immigration officer.
- Intelligence analyst.
- Criminal analyst.
What is the best job in law enforcement?
What is the highest paying Police job?
The Chief of Police is the top position in civilian law enforcement. The Chief of Police has the highest paying job in law enforcement for the civilian sector, making between $96,000 and $160,000 a year (In Salary). Just below the Chief is the Deputy Chief of Police, with a salary of up to $138,000 a year (In Salary).
What kind of job can I get After law enforcement?
Communication, in particular listening and empathy, as well as problem-solving abilities, are vital to successful sales.
Is there an alternative career option for a lawyer?
The road to the top as a journalist is a long one, but there are opportunities in various formats if you’re willing to start at the beginning. You might need to re-learn how to write non-legalese, but that should be fun. Another alternative career option for lawyers is public relations.
Are there any jobs similar to police officers?
There are some jobs similar to police officers, and there are others that work alongside them within the justice system. Learn more about the options—one of them could just be your next job title.
How are law enforcement officers suited to business roles?
From management roles to sales, law enforcement officers are often well-suited to business roles.