Which book is best for GS 1?
Must have books or sources for GS Paper I of UPSC Mains Exam (UPSC Mains GS books)
- Facets of Indian Culture.
- A New Look at Modern Indian History: From 1707 to the Modern Times.
- India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipan Chandra.
- A Brief History of Modern India (Rajiv Ahir IPS)
Which book is best for UPSC GS?
Recommended Books for UPSC General Studies
- India’s Ancient Past by R.S. Sharma published by Oxford University Press ( Amazon Link )
- A History of Ancient & Early Medieval India by Upinder Singh ( Amazon Link )
What books should I read for Uppcs?
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) will be conducting the upper subordinate exam every year….UPPSC Exam: History
- History of Modern India – Bipan Chandra.
- Spectrum Modern History.
- India’s Struggle For Independence – Bipan Chandra.
- India’s Ancient Past – R.S. Sharma.
- History of Medieval India – Satish Chandra.
Is laxmikant enough for GS Paper 2?
Ans. For General Studies Paper 2 as well as IAS Prelims, Laxmikant is essential but it is not enough. You have to go to other books enlisted above.
How do I prepare for GS 1?
Begin your preparation with NCERT Books. You should look for topics related to art and culture and make notes on each topic. Along with the above NCERT books, you should also start reading NIOS Book on art and culture as they can find all information related to art and culture in one place.
What is GS in IAS?
UPSC Mains Syllabus for General Studies: General Studies is covered more extensively in the IAS Mains exam. Out of a total of 9 papers, 4 are termed General Studies while the Essay paper is loosely related to General studies as topics are selected from random subjects in this paper.
How do I clear Uppcs in the first attempt?
How to become IAS in the first attempt?
- Objectify the UPSC Syllabus.
- Stop looking at the IAS curriculum as a whole – Divide and Conquer.
- Make a timetable and follow it judiciously.
- Indulge in Quality Discussions.
- Solve Mock Papers Regularly.
- Develop Answer Writing Skills.
- The Two Time Revision Rule.
Is Laxmikant enough for prelims?
Laxmikant’ alone can fetch you close to 100% marks in Polity section in the Prelims stage. The language used is lucid and very easy to understand, even for a beginner who is reading Polity for the first time. However, because of its factual nature, one must revise more.
What does GS consist of?
GS Paper 1 of UPSC Mains is one of the four general studies papers. It is a subjective type of paper consisting of subjects like History, Geography, Art and Culture, and Indian Society.
Which is the best book for UPSC IAS exam?
In this article on UPSC Books, we endeavour to provide you with the list of best books for the IAS Exam 2021. The IAS Exam or the Civil Services Exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The highly prestigious exam is also one of the toughest exams in the country.
Where can I buy uppcs general study book?
Show details In stock. Ships from and sold by ONESHOPPEE. In stock. Sold by Cloudtail India and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. FREE Shipping on orders over 499,00 ₹. Details In stock. Sold by Repro Books-On-Demand and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. FREE Shipping on orders over 499,00 ₹. Details
Are there any good books for UPSC prelims?
The UPSC syllabus is vast and it takes at least one year to comprehensively cover it. Therefore, you cannot waste precious time by reading books that are below standard or worse, contain incorrect and unauthenticated information. In this case, you would have to unlearn what you had previously read and this can prove difficult.
How to prepare for UPPSC PCS prelims paper-II?
Check Science & Technology Notes in the linked article. For aptitude exam, i.e. UPPSC PCS Prelims Paper-II, aspirants should practise reading comprehensions, logical reasoning and English grammar more as questions from these sections are asked in aptitude exam in the majority. Some reference books for PCS Prelims Paper-II are: