Nowadays breast cancer is a very common type of cancer among females. It happens through the inner linings of the milk ducts present in breast tissues of the mammogram. A married female is at higher risk of getting breast cancer which can resultantly be very dangerous to life if not treated properly and timely. Some essential steps need to be taken by women to keep away from the risk of getting effected by breast cancer.
Causes of Breast Cancer
There are certain risk factors associated to the cause of breast cancer. Some of them are as under:
- Old Age
- Being A Female
- Lack of Breastfeeding
- Hormonal Changes
By taking necessary steps to get rid of these causes can result in the prevention of breast cancer. Some of the causes like genetics and having female gender cannot be changed because these are indispensible ones and out of one’s control being natural. One can control on obesity by taking required diet and doing regular exercise. Similarly the lifestyle can be managed in the best way to prevent breast cancer. The essential lifestyle changes that can evade breast cancer are quitting smoking, limiting the use of alcohol, exercising regularly, breast feeding, avoiding contact to environmental pollution and by controlling body weight.
Diagnosis of Breast Cancer
The women need to get themselves examined especially after marriage to diagnose breast cancer to know if it is there or not. There are certain ways of diagnosis which are as under:
- Breast Examination
- Breast Ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Breast Tumor Pathology
- Nipple Discharge Exam
- Digital Tomosynthesis
Breast cancer can be found after appearance of its symptoms. At early stage they are hard to show up and there is a need to have a thorough breast examination. The mammography is a breast’s x-ray which is used to get the knowledge about the symptoms of breast cancer if they are present or not. Other diagnosis tests like ultrasound, MRI, pathology, biopsy and digital tomosynthesis are used to screen breast cancer if it is not shown up via earlier breast examination tests.
Prevention of Breast Cancer
If breast cancer is diagnosed in a woman, than she needs to adopt certain medical and domestic techniques to prevent it. Some of the ways to prevent breast cancer are as under:
- Eating Healthy Food. The most important step to take in order to prevent breast cancer is by taking a healthy diet which is very low in sugar and high in the intake of vegetables and fruits. The use of vegetable oils should be done in abundance and eating grains regularly should be made a habit.
- Avoiding Alcohol. Alcohol can be very dangerous to the health of women especially those having children and those in old age. It can be a cause of breast cancer and it should be avoided.
- Avoid Smoking. Some women can have breast cancer if they keep on smoking for a long term. It can also cause other severe life threatening diseases. It is better to avoid smoking to prevent from deadly diseases like breast cancer.
- Weight Loss. Women can have a high risk to get breast cancer due to weight gain especially after menopause. They need to cut on their weight in order to prevent breast cancer.
- Breast Feeding. The habit of breast feeding the babies can be very helpful to prevent breast cancer for women. If they feed their baby for at least a year, than they can easily prevent breast cancer for lifelong because it spreads through the milk ducts in the breast and breast feeding keeps cancer away.
Breast cancer is a very deadly disease which cannot be ignored at any cost. If a woman feels any change or pain in breast than she needs to get it examined for diagnosis of breast cancer. The above mentioned preventions should be adopted to get away with cancer.