How do I run MediaWiki on my Mac?
- Create empty mediawiki directory, download MediaWiki from Git into w folder inside mediawiki folder.
- Update MediaWiki dependencies composer update –no-dev.
- Start services.
- Make sure all services are running (by running brew services and docker ps for ElasticSearch) & navigate to localhost:8080/wiki/index.php.
How to start MySQL Mac?
To do that, simply go to the Apple menu and open System Preferences. Choose the “MySQL” preference panel, then click on the “Start MySQL Server” button to start MySQL Server on Mac.
How do I install a wiki?
In order to install MediaWiki you need to:
- create a database for the application.
- download the installation package from the official site.
- upload the installation pack on your hosting account.
- access its URL and configure the settings to finish the installation.
Is MediaWiki easy to use?
Nuclino focuses on essential features and offers a clean, easy-to-use, and distraction-free interface that doesn’t take a manual to learn and can be easily set up even by non-technical users. Media Wiki comes with a steep learning curve and takes time and patience to get the hang of.
How do I start MySQL manually?
To start the mysqld server from the command line, you should start a console window (or “DOS window”) and enter this command: shell> “C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\mysqld” The path to mysqld may vary depending on the install location of MySQL on your system.
How do I know if MySQL is installed on my Mac?
Successful console login shows the following which includes the mysql server version. You may also use this: mysql> select @@version; The STATUS command display version information as well.
How do I deploy MediaWiki?
- Download the latest version of MediaWiki.
- Upload the downloaded MediaWiki archive to the Deployment manager.
- When the application is uploaded, click on the Deploy to … icon and choose the required environment.
- Specify the context or just leave it empty to deploy your app to the ROOT context.
How do I manage MediaWiki?
The following information will explain how to access the editing section for the user profile.
- Log into MediaWiki.
- Click special pages to the left of.
- Click User list.
- Select the user from the list to edit.
- Click the Edit tab.
- Now the Edit User box will load where the user data can be changed or edited.
Who created MediaWiki?
MediaWiki was originally developed by Magnus Manske and improved by Lee Daniel Crocker. Its development has since then been coordinated by the Wikimedia Foundation. MediaWiki is written in the PHP programming language and stores all text content into a database.
What is MediaWiki written in?
PHPMediaWiki / Programming language
What kind of software is the MediaWiki app?
MediaWiki is described as ‘free software wiki package written in PHP, originally for use on Wikipedia. It is now used by several other projects of the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation and by many other wikis, including this website, the home of MediaWiki’ and is a well-known app in the Education & Reference category.
Is it possible to switch to earlier version of MediaWiki?
The git repository has earlier versions of the software, so it is possible to switch to (“check out”) a particular release. Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Database, HHVM and PHP 7.0 and 7.1 support has been removed since MediaWiki 1.34 .
What kind of ZIP file do I need to download MediaWiki?
This is a zip file. It can be extracted on most operating systems without installing any additional software, and is generally recommended for Windows users. We also provide a tarball (tar.gz file) .
What kind of server do I need for MediaWiki?
MediaWiki requires PHP 7.3.19+ and either MySQL 5.5.8+, MariaDB, SQLite or PostgreSQL. For more information, please read the pages on system requirements and compatibility . MediaWiki is not compatible with PHP 7.4.0 to 7.4.2 due to an upstream bug. Use PHP 7.4.3 or later instead. See task T246594 for more information.