How many calories are in Zinfandel wine?
A glass of bold, high alcohol red wine (i.e. Zinfandel, Shiraz, Blends) at 15% alcohol contains about 130 calories (120 from alcohol and 10 from carbohydrates).
Is Bogle Old Vine Zinfandel sweet or dry?
Head-trained, dry farmed vines are prized for their production of small, concentrated clusters of grapes that produce incredibly rich and intense wines. For years, Bogle has sought out these gnarly old vines to create our Old Vine Zinfandel.
Is Bogle Zinfandel Red or white?
Beautiful red color, fruity on the palate.
Is Bogle Zinfandel Dry?
Head-trained, dry farmed Zinfandel vines planted by early California pioneers have endured for generations, unwavering through myriad challenges and the test of time. This bold Old Vine Zinfandel has a full, velvety mouthfeel and a long, round finish.
What wine is lowest in calories?
Lowest Calorie Wines: By Type
- Riesling (White) A white riesling is usually a good choice for weight watchers as every five ounces contains about 120 calories and about five carbs.
- Pinot Grigio (White)
- Chardonnay (White)
- Pinot Noir (Red)
- Merlot (Red)
- Cabernet Sauvignon (Red)
How fattening is white zinfandel?
WHITES. When it comes to lighter white wines, opt for chardonnay, white zinfandel, or sauvignon blanc. Zuckerbrot notes that these picks are all under 85 calories, with 2.6 grams carbs and 1 gram of sugar per glass.
Is white zinfandel the same as Zinfandel?
White Zinfandel vs Zinfandel While both wines are extremely different, they are essentially made from the same grape. To differentiate them, the term “White Zinfandel” is used to denote the pink, rose-colored version. Without any modifier, Zinfandel is used to signify the red wine.
What is a good Zinfandel wine?
Best Red Zinfandel
- Gnarly Head Old Vine Zinfandel. 4.4 out of 5 stars.
- Seghesio Zinfandel Sonoma. 4.3 out of 5 stars.
- Bogle Zinfandel Old Vine. 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Ravenswood Vintner’s Zinfandel. 4.3 out of 5 stars.
- Shenandoah Zinfandel Special Reserve. 3.7 out of 5 stars.
- Grgich Hills Zinfandel.
- Cline Zinfandel Lodi California.
What’s the best alcohol to drink on a diet?
5 Best Types of Alcohol for Weight Loss
- Red Wine (105 Calories per 5 oz Serving)
- Light Beer (96 to 100 Calories per 12 oz Serving)
- Dry Vermouth (105 Calories per 3 oz Serving)
- Booze on the Rocks (About 100 Calories per 1.5 oz Serving)
- Champagne (85 Calories per 4 oz Serving)
Which type of wine has the least amount of sugar?
The amount of sugar in a bottle of wine can vary from 4 grams to 220 grams per litre. The lowest sugar wine is red wine. Red wine has the least amount of sugar which is 0.9g per 175ml glass.
Does white zinfandel have a lot of sugar?
Popular semisweet wines such as white zinfandel, muscat and German Riesling have a distinctly sweet taste from greater residual sugar. For example, a 5-ounce serving of a California Barefoot white zinfandel rosé has nearly 5 grams of sugar and about 22 calories from sugar compared with about 109 calories from alcohol.