What are some questions to ask about the reproductive system?
Terms in this set (11)
- What receives the sperm and fluid from the epididymis?
- What is the male reproductive organ?
- What abnormal condition or disease (in males) has symptoms such as intense pain in the testes, swelling, and fever?
- Where does fertilization occur?
- What is the inner layer of the uterus called?
How do you examine the reproductive system?
A transvaginal ultrasound, also called an endovaginal ultrasound, is a type of pelvic ultrasound used by doctors to examine female reproductive organs. This includes the uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, cervix, and vagina. “Transvaginal” means “through the vagina.” This is an internal examination.
What are the symptoms of a failure of the reproductive system?
Uterine Fibroids (MedlinePlus)
- Heavy or painful periods or bleeding between periods.
- Feeling “full” in the lower abdomen.
- Urinating often.
- Pain during sex.
- Lower back pain.
- Reproductive problems, such as infertility, multiple miscarriages, or early labor.
What are 5 interesting facts about the reproductive system?
11 Surprising Facts About the Reproductive System
- The reproductive system contains the largest and smallest human cells.
- The average penis size is less than 6 inches long.
- The vagina has something in common with tomatoes: they’re both acidic.
- Men have vastly more gametes than women.
What is reproduction question and answer?
Very Short Answer Type Question 1: What is reproduction? Answer: The process by which an organism produces its offspring is called reproduction. Question 2: What is sexual reproduction? Answer: When two parents are involved in reproduction and gamete formation takes place, it is called sexual reproduction.
Where is sperm stored?
A long tube that is located near each testicle. The epididymis is the tube which moves the sperm from the testicles. Vas deferens. This is a tube in which the sperm is stored and it carries the sperm out of the scrotal sac.
What is the main organ of the reproductive system?
The primary reproductive organs, or gonads, consist of the ovaries and testes. These organs are responsible for producing the egg and sperm cells gametes), and hormones.
What are the two types of reproductive system?
There are two types of reproduction: asexual and sexual reproduction.
How can you prevent reproductive problems?
Protecting Your Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Protect yourself against sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and get treatment if you’ve been infected.
- If you’re not ready to get pregnant right now, use contraception.
- Be proactive about your health.
- Maintain a healthy relationship.
What happens if reproductive system fails?
In women, infertility occurs when the ovaries cannot produce eggs (ovarian failure), or when the reproductive organs are unable to sustain a pregnancy. Infertility may be the result of surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, or any combination of these.
What are the main parts of the reproductive system?
The human female reproductive system contains three main parts: the vulva, which leads to the vagina, the vaginal opening, to the uterus; the uterus, which holds the developing fetus; and the ovaries, which produce the female’s ova.
What does the reproductive system include?
The female reproductive system includes the ovaries, fallopian tubes, vagina, uterus, and cervix. The penis, urethra, and testes are the main components of the male reproductive system.
What is the importance of the female reproductive system?
Importance of Female Reproductive System. The primary function of the female reproductive system is to produce the female egg cells which are essential for reproduction.
What is a female reproductive system called?
Female Reproductive System is an organ system involved in the process of Reproduction. It is also called Genital System as Reproductive organs are also called Genitals.