What famous bands came from Washington State?
Great/Noteworthy Musicians and Bands From Washington State
- Alice in Chains. Formed: Seattle, 1985.
- Band of Horses. Formed: Seattle, 2004.
- Beat Happening. Formed: Olympia, 1982.
- Ben Gibbard. Born: Bremerton, 1976.
- Bing Crosby. Born: Tacoma, 1903.
- Botch. Formed: Olympia, 1993.
- Car Seat Headrest.
- Carissa’s Wierd.
What music came from Seattle?
Seattle is the largest city in the U.S. state of Washington and has long played a major role in the state’s musical culture, popularizing genres of alternative rock such as grunge and being the origin of major bands like Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters.
What bands came out of Seattle in the 90s?
Accordingly, uDiscover dons a plaid shirt, turns the Marshall stacks up to 11 and celebrates the Top 10 Seattle Grunge bands.
- Green River. Arguably the grunge trailblazers, Green River featured future members of Mudhoney and Pearl Jam.
- Mother Love Bone.
- Temple Of The Dog.
- Alice In Chains.
- Pearl Jam.
What band was formed in Seattle in 2004?
Band of Horses
Band of Horses is an American rock band formed in 2004 in Seattle, Washington by Ben Bridwell. The band has released five studio albums, including 2010’s Grammy-nominated Infinite Arms.
Who is the most famous person in Washington state?
- Adam Craig, Musician. Adam West, Actor. Ann Wilson, Singer. Anna Farris, Actress.
- Dove Cameron, Actress. Duff McKagan, Musician. Dyan Cannon, Actress. Earl Anthony, Champion Bowler.
- John Ratzenberger, Actor Josie Bissett, Actress. Judy Collins, Singer. Julie Michaels, Actress/Producer.
What killed grunge?
April 5 is the day the grunge music died, claiming two grunge rock legends years apart. Kurt Cobain, lead singer of Nirvana, died 24 years ago on April 5, 1994. Layne Staley, lead singer of Alice in Chains, died 16 years ago on April 5, 2002. Staley died of an overdose mixture of heroin and cocaine.
Who is the biggest grunge band?
The Top Ten Grunge Bands List Reveal
- Pearl Jam.
- Alice In Chains.
- Stone Temple Pilots.
- Smashing Pumpkins.
- Temple of the Dog.
Does Seattle have a good music scene?
Aside from coffee and evergreen trees, Seattle is perhaps best known for its music. And with the number of concert venues and homegrown acts, it’s easy to see why.
Do any celebrities live in Seattle?
One of the most popular cities to live in Washington, Seattle is home to many celebs. Bill and Melinda Gates have a $127 mansion in Medina, WA, which is about 15 minutes from Seattle. Jeff Bezos is another one of the Seattle celebrities. He lives in a 29,000 square foot home in Medina, WA.
What famous bands are from Seattle?
Seattle has given birth to its fair share of famous musicians and bands, including Jimi Hendrix, Heart, Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden. Each is still considered a local band even though they no longer frequent the dive bars around the Seattle area as they once did.
What are some grunge bands from Seattle?
– Nirvana. No band did more to vanquish the reign of tacky ’80s hair metal than this trio. – Pearl Jam. – Soundgarden. – Alice in Chains. – Screaming Trees. – Green River. – Mother Love Bone. – Temple of the Dog. – Mudhoney. – Candlebox.
What are bands from Seattle Washington?